Sunday 8 May 2011

Round Trip

is what we used to call it when passengers would join our ship at Portsmouth, travel one way to Le Havre, jump off for an hour and then get back on and travel back. Commonly used by locals doing the beer run, parties enjoying the all night licence and friends and family coming to see us if we were on a long stint.

Dad came one night and I managed to get him a bridge visit with my favourite Cap’n – JW otherwise known as John Williams. He was great fun, knew his stuff and acted as a great role model for me. He really spent a lot of time with my Dad that night and he was up there way longer than was the normal, I was on duty as well so as soon as I could get away we departed for the bar.

 

I used the lovely prima paintable that Sue sent me, thank you again. I painted it with pearly paint and then inked the edges. .

IMG_8011

I made the flower and then painted it with more pearly paint and edged with rock candy stickles.

IMG_8005

It’s lovely and shiny, I love pearly paint.

Thanks, Jen

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely - the flower is gorgeous. And look at you, you haven't changed a bit :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh you look so smart and proud in that uniform but as Karen has said, Id recognise you easily. Love this layout and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely photo of you and your Dad and you have made a super LO. I love your flower.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you lovely, you have made me smile =)