Wednesday 27 July 2011

Memory Sparks

Remote Control

Do you remember the Dark Ages when you had to get up to press the chu-chunk buttons on the ole-tv?

I remember how lucky my best friend Lisa was to have her own tv in her room when we were teens. Her family bought a hotel and each room was already kitted out with tv’s so her room had one. Her remote control? A pool cue she half-inched from the games room! She used it to poke the chu-chunk buttons and me when I was audacious enough to fall asleep.

I remember the pink one I had at uni.

I remember how I used to have 4, the tv, vcr, dvd and stereo.

I live everyday with the fact that my sons lost their remote, discovered that mine works their tv and, so, it’s always a grumpy scavenger hunt in their swamp for it.

Memory Sparks rock. Thanks Shimelle.

2 comments:

  1. Great observations of life pre-remote... Made me smile :)
    Mandy McK (Moogieof4)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your 'memory spark' - and I remember the days when you had to get up and bang the telly to stop the picture scrolling round erratically! Oh, now you are setting me off on a memory spark of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you lovely, you have made me smile =)